There are 2 ply and 4 ply cashmere sweaters most common on the market. While 4 ply cashmere sweaters are usually more expensive, are 4 ply cashmere sweaters worth the extra money? Yes, they are worth it. 4 ply cashmere sweaters are produced from cashmere yarn with four cashmere threads twisted together. So, these sweaters are more durable with additional weight and warmth. Therefore, 4 ply cashmere sweaters are perfect for cold weather.
Yes, cashmere loves water, you can hand wash cashmere sweaters. It’s even better if you wash your cashmere sweaters regularly every three to four wears. Water wash keeps cashmere soft and supple. Water washed cashmere shows less pilling in its appearance.
· Use lukewarm water (around 30°) and a teaspoon of mild detergent (NO fabric softener)
· Soak the cashmere sweater and pat
· Rinse the cashmere sweater with clean water
· Roll the cashmere sweater in a towel to squeeze out water (without deforming the sweater)
· Lay the cashmere sweater on a clean towel, dry flat, no exposure to light and heat
Yes, cashmere sweaters are machine washable. But the machine washing must be done carefully to keep the sweater look good and last longer. Here is how to do it:
· Use “cold wool program”, a dose of mild detergent (No fabric softener)
· Put your cashmere sweater into a pillowcase or a cover like that
· Start the washing program with a spin less than 600 rpm
· Lay the cashmere sweater on a clean towel, dry flat, no exposure to light and heat (Don’t use Dryer)
Cashmere is the gentlest fabric of nature, and it needs to be cared for as such for long lasting elegance and luxurious appearance. Here are tips on how to avoid cashmere pilling and keep your cashmere sweaters in good condition:
· Try not to wear the same cashmere sweater for more than three days in a row. Wear different cashmere sweaters in alternate.
· Avoid wearing a cashmere sweater under another piece of clothing with rough friction areas (inside pockets, zippers).
· Do not rub your cashmere sweater with any hard objects
· Do not hang cashmere sweaters on hangers. Store them flat in bags placed in a dry place away from the sun light
· Avoid pulling on the fibers or threads to remove any pilling. Use a wool fiber remover specialized for cashmere sweaters.
Cashmere sweaters are good layers for you to wear when playing golf in the cold weather. There are many different styles to choose from, polo neck, v neck, turtleneck, mock turtleneck, jacket, hoody, just name a few. Which styles are the best for you to layer up? Also, cashmere sweaters with the same style may come at different weights, 2 ply, 4 ply, 6 ply, or 10 ply. Which weight suits best in an outdoor golfing activity? Though it all depends on personal preference, we suggest that a polo neck cashmere sweater in 4 ply (moderate weight, warmer than a 2 ply sweater). A 4 ply V-neck cashmere sweater or a pull over cashmere vest is a good choice too if wearing on a long sleeve shirt.